It is a legal requirement for companies to have formal Safety Management System (SMS) in place.
However, it should be remembered that the extent and complexity of any management system will depend upon a number of factors. For example, a single garage with three or four employees, carrying out
mechanical repairs and servicing of cars, will only require a basic management system. On the other hand, an oil and gas production company, with over 10000 employees, will require something much
more formal and much more intricate.
At FSC1, we know there’s more to successful Health & Safety management than simply having up to date policy documents. The effectiveness of any organisation’s
safety management resources, policies, practices and procedures largely depends on having the right attitude to safety in place. So we work effectively with clients to not only improve policy
documentation but to promote a positive safety culture within the business.
Ask yourself these important questions ‘ then decide whether it’s worth risking your assets and your business by doing nothing:
- Is my business covered?
- Do I have a company Safety Policy?
- Do I get advice from a competent Health & Safety Consultancy?
- Do I know everything I should about Health and Safety at Work?
- Have Workplace Safety Risk Assessments been carried out?
- Do I have deadly Asbestos in my building?
- What affects the business and employees welfare in terms of Health and Safety Law?
- Would I be prepared to let the company be named and shamed – through a breach of Health and Safety Law & Regulations that could easily be avoided?
Now’s the time to act.
If your answers to some of the questions above leave you feeling a little uneasy, now is the time to contact us. Click through the links on this page to find out more about those areas of
health and safety which are relevant to you.